Top Ten - bought but not read
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish asking a weekly question about books. I'm not a regular, but sometimes a question seems to stir up some answers in me, and today's is no exception:
What book did you just HAVE to have, but have never read (yet)?
Here are my answers:
1. Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Heard - I read reviews for this for ages, and when my boyfriend showed an interest too, I bought him it for his birthday with the intention of reading it after him. He has since completed the entire 5 book series... whereas I am still looking at the front cover of book one.
2. The entire works of Jane Austen - Separately, I have read all but Emma. This collection, however, has never had it's spine cracked...
3. The Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson - This whole series has been on my to-read and my bookshelf for ever. My boyfriend raves about it. Bloggers rave about it. I want to rave about it! I'm just too cautious of dipping my toes into fantasy...
4. Fall Of Giants by Ken Follet - I loved Pillars Of The Earth and World Without End, but this mammoth sized book has yet to give my arms a workout.
5. Citadel and Sepulchre by Kate Mosse - Again, I loved Labyrinth but just haven't gotten around to the next two!
6. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - I bought my own copy of this after getting half way through my nanna's copy while staying with her once. I haven't finished it :(
7. The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell - I wanted this book so much, and my boyfriend bought me it for Christmas, and it's March....
8. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - A completely out-of-my-comfort-zone-genre purchase, but I had been totally swayed by reviews. However, a ghost story always beats it to being opened!
9. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult - I bought this soon as it was released! And, haven't yet been in the mood :p
10. The Strain and The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan - I can't even explain why I haven't read these yet. I must!
Wow, that list has just demonstrated how eclectic my reading can be, eh?! haha. Which books have you got but not read?
Emma is a designer living in Bristol, UK. A self-confessed stationery addict, book lover and TV sci-fi geek, she enjoys sketching zombie-eyed women and finding her next source of inspiration in the pages on the bookshelf.