What's in a name?! There has been a string of awesome book titles lately. I thought I would collect together a Top Ten of some of my favourites! Some are funny, some have me desperate to know what they mean and some leave a happy tune in my head :p What are your favourite book titles?!
1. (Don't You) Forget About Me - Because it instantly reminds me of The Breakfast Club! *80's air punch*
2. Seagalogy: a Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal - It's a serious and ridiculous and an oxymoron all at once :p
3. Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-cream Float Before He Stole My Ma - Just, what the actual...?! Makes me want to read it though!
4. Dust - it's not written yet, and so of course there's no release date, but it's a title that means nothing to people who haven't read The Amber Spyglass and EVERYTHING to those that have! If one word could ever have more meaning... *enters hypothesis land*
5. Barry Trotter and the Unnecessary Sequel/Bored of the Rings - Because if there's one thing better than the real thing, it's a parody that just "gets" it, and "gets" it with love. These books had it right from the front cover.
6. Wreck This Journal - Um, oh, okay, err, yeah, all right then...! (authoritative and directive. I like!)
7. The Lies Of Locke Lamora - say it out loud and it just feels nice! ha!
8. Every title in the Song of Ice and Fire series - because they are just awesome. They sound like they should! My favourite series title is A Clash of Kings.
9. Days of Blood and Starlight - There's just something quite delicious about this title. I think its all the contrast; the words, the sounds. Love it!
10. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Boat of Her Own Making - It's got the work circumnavigated in it. Winner.
Top Ten book titles
Emma is a designer living in Bristol, UK. A self-confessed stationery addict, book lover and TV sci-fi geek, she enjoys sketching zombie-eyed women and finding her next source of inspiration in the pages on the bookshelf.